Manager Users with LDAP Admin
The following guide is an extension of User Configuration with OpenLDAP with more detailed instructions for using LDAP Admin client. This guide is tested with version 1.8.3 of the client.
To complete this guide you will need:
- An existing installation of the Stratoss™ Lifecycle Manager (LM)
- OpenLDAP accessible to your client
- LDAP Admin Client installed on your environment
Connecting to OpenLDAP
- To get LDAP connection details follow this guide.
- Open the LDAP Admin window, click Start -> Connect -> New Connection and fill in details collected earlier.
- Click “Test Connection” to make sure it is working before confirming with “OK”.
- An LDAP server that is configured for SLM will have a layout of organization units
peopleon the left-hand panel.
Adding new user with access to SLM
To add a new user
- Right click on
ou=people-> New -> Entry
- Add the fields
uidObjectin the left-hand column for
- The right-hand panel will be filled with a list of attributes for you to fill in, with
uidbeing compulsory. It is recommended that the 3 fields should have the same value - the username of your new user.
- For userPassword, you need to convert plain-text passwords to BCrypt. Use bcrypt-cli or browser-based generator. Check that password hashes have the
Rdn:in the upper left-hand corner then click the “Save and exit” icon.
To grant access to a new user
- Read about default groups and decide the group to which you want to add your user.
- After adding a new user, return to the LDAP Admin main panel and right click on wanted group e.g
cn=Portal-> Edit Entry.
- Add a new row, choose
memberas attribute and add as value
- Save and exit
Test access with SLM
- Go to the SLM UI and log in with created username and password.
- Verify that your new user has correct access according to their roles.