What is Stratoss LM?
Stratoss™ Lifecycle Manager (LM) is a cloud networking automation platform that embraces the I.T. DevOps movement and fully automates the operational lifecycle of cloud network services.
Stratoss LM enables complex network services to be designed, created and continuously optimized across hybrid and distributed cloud environments. Our revolutionary intent-based automation engine along with the in-built automated test and DevOps tools deliver a 30 times reduction in operational effort. As an ‘automation’ product, it distinguishes itself by fully automating the day 1 and 2 ongoing maintenance and change management scenarios, rather than just orchestrating the day 0 ‘turn it on’ scenario.
Stratoss LM enables the radical cloud networking automation that is required
The advancement of Cloud technologies such as virtualization, 5G, Edge and Distributed Cloud along with the continuous pressure to rapidly bring new services to market at a much lower cost brings a massive increase in complexity. Services that traditionally were very static and hardware-oriented, now consist of thousands of dynamic pieces of software that need to be managed and changed in real-time across a variety of locations, clouds, and networks. The traditional model and workflow-based tools that rely on manual effort to design, test, and maintain these services does not enable commercially viable services.
The new world of dynamic and distributed services requires new tools that deliver a much higher degree of automation. The tools should enable a service factory that automate the day 0, 1, and 2 use cases at a fraction of the cost and manual effort. Stratoss LM is a unique cloud native product and has been built from scratch over the last 3 years to deliver a much higher degree of automation based on radical design principles:
- Opinionated Model: The product is architected around a product philosophy where all service design configuration is standardized once and then utilized repeatedly across the IT/network landscape.
- Brutal automation: Rather than the legacy custom and manual workflow, the product ‘imposes’ the design based on the opinionated model.
- Service-centric Intent: The Intent-based engine automates all service lifecycles for day 0, 1, and 2 use cases without manual programming
- Vendor-neutrality: The product is designed to reduce vendor lock-in by providing consistent vendor-neutral configurations.
- DevOps: In-built DevOps and CI/CD tools and processes that enable automated pipelines and change management.
The key concepts of Stratoss LM are further explained in this section.
What can you do with Stratoss LM
Stratoss LM automates the operational lifecycle of cloud network services across day 0, 1, and 2 scenarios without almost any manual effort. With Stratoss LM you can:
- Onboard VNFs and Network Services with 75% less manual effort
- Rapidly design VNF and Network Services without having to create any workflow for day 0, 1, and 2 scenarios: all you need to do is to select the service components and declare the relationships and dependencies
- Design service-chains that span multiple domains such as SDN, physical, and virtual cloud environments including the infrastructure itself
- Automate behaviour driven testing for VNF and Network Services to ensure services have less errors once they go in production
- Deploy and manage services across multi-cloud and multi-location
- Execute day 1 and 2 lifecycle actions automatically by the Intent Engine that automatically brings services from where they are now, to the intended state without manual programming
- Monitor services that are in production and auto-heal and scale
- Apply upgrade, migrate or changes to the shape of the service automatically without any manual workflow
- Create CI/CD pipelines to automate the design, testing, and change management scenarios of VNF and Network Services
Watch Stratoss LM in action
- Title: Stratoss LM 2.0 Overview
- Target audience: Sales, pre-sales, engineers, product management
- Content: Background, value proposition, what’s new in 2.0, live demonstration of key features
- Duration: 21 minutes and 52 seconds